What causes sweating headaches,sore skin and fluid retention?

May 2014

Hi ive a history of skin cancer and copd im 38 years old Ive now been suffering with sweating headaches sore skin and fluid retention my gp done bloods and the results were HB was hi Haematocrit was hi MCV was hi and MCH was high my gp said i need b12 injections but i think she is wrong thanks
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. Your gp might be suspecting a marginal vit B12 deficiency state which may be responsible for the increased mean corpuscular volume of your red cells. This must be confirmed by getting a peripheral blood smear analyzed by a hemalologist. You may also need certain specific tests like thyroid function and cardiac investigations too. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek