What causes swear pain in stomach post kidney transplant and should I continue taking Omeprazole and Clarithromycin for bacteria in stomach?

I am a transplant kidney patient and Had surgery 4 months back my kidney Functioning well but I had endoscopy recently and Dr said I have bacteria in my stomach and prescribed me three medicines Omeprazole 20 mg - BID Clarithromycin 250 mg capsule - BID Amoxicillin 1000 mg - BID Now it three days only and from day one I have swear pain in my stomach and now in ribs also and at back also please tell me cause of this and advice me should I continue with medicines or change dose or to some other alternative medicines what should I do as it is very bad pain and I can't sleep also due to pain
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 27 hours later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). This all may be either due to side effect of clarithromycin or may be some other issue. So I will advise you to stop these medications for a time. And may continue with Cap Omeprazole as you may having dyspepsia for which you have undergone endoscopy examination. Moreover it is not always necessary to eradicate this bacteria(H.pylori). Meanwhile may also take some analgesic of Non NSAID group for which you may discuss with your doctor. If it is not relieved in few days then you should be evaluated for some other cause I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.