What causes sudden swollen itchy feet and ankles covered in welts?

About 30 minutes after i got out of the hot tub my feet and ankles are itchy swollen and covered in welts. The itching is starting to spread up my legs.
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 13 minutes later
meet a dermatologist as soon as possible, try an anti allergic in case you have had reaction to something.
Follow-up: What causes sudden swollen itchy feet and ankles covered in welts? 6 minutes later
I took a benadryl. It has helped the itching a bit but now im feeling very sick to my stomach. Is this normal? Should i be worried?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: It would better that you visit ER Detailed Answer: As I said before, visiting a dermatologist is essential. There was probably something wrong in the water. Since I cannot see the lesions, my help gets limited, unless of course you add a picture of the lesions. Feeling sick in the stomach and nausea is something that usually is not caused by Benadryl. So I would think its a part of the syndrome you have. You may be needing injection antiallergics and steroids. So I recommend get to a hospital as soon as possible to make sure the allergic reaction gets controlled. I am not sure form your query as to where exactly you are located. I hope that helps. Any further query would be gladly answered Best of luck Dr Saumya Mittal