What causes sudden penis pain and tightness of the foreskin?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi Sir, Today Morning suddenly i experienced a pain at my penis at around 430AM i dont know the reason after sometime the pain is gone and the feeling of having the pain is still exists with me.I can pass urinating without any pain and the color is also white ,I am getting afraid about there is something i need to worry about this .Is it a major problem and i have read through google that foreskin should be able to move freely when it is erected, this is not happening to me it is tight when it is erected and i cannot pull it back....when it isnot erected i dont have any problem in pulling it back.please do help me
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: This is not something serious. it seems like there is tight preputial ring and usually it resolves until the end of puberty,but it may last longer in some cases. YOu should try to pull it back after you lubricate it and do it few times per day during erection. this may stretch foreskin and you wont have problem anymore. However, dont try to force it if it seems to be too difficult. In these cases, you need surgery to repair phymosis which is a routine procedure so visit urologist. This sudden pain is not worrying too. It is probably just urinary stone that passed. If pain persist,you should do urine analysis to rule out urinary infection. WIsh you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Follow-up: What causes sudden penis pain and tightness of the foreskin? 2 minutes later
sir , Do i need to worry about anything. I cant get away the feeling of the pain from my mind and currently am not sure like if I really have pain or not sadly. Am i getting a bit tense
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: if you can pass urine and there is no blood in urine or dark urine,then this cant be something serious. Take standard painkiller and drink plenty of fluids. If there is pain on the tip of penis,try to wash it with mildly warm chamomile tea.