What causes sudden pain all around the shoulder blade?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I developed sudden pain all around my right shoulder blade about 6 hours ago, it is less sharp now but constant and I have a metallic taste in my mouth. I have been a bit dizzy- light headed the last 4-5 weeks
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Related to benign causes Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. The symptoms that you are having are likely to be related to benign causes like electrolyte imbalance, muscle spasm, etc. Most of the times these symptoms can be taken care of by taking electrolyte rich fluids and muscle relaxants. You can do a hot fomentation and apply a local analgesic gel on the area to relieve the spasm. Doing mild stretching exercise will be helpful. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care