What causes sudden jerk in nerves?

I have recently started feeling a sudden jerk in one of my nerves at the back.It happens atleast once a day and that too just for 1-2 seconds. Which test should I get done to get it checked and any other advise for me please.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I am not concerned with this symptoms... Detailed Answer: Hi, From what you describe, it seems to be muscle tic. Here a particular neuromuscular fibre fires a random contraction briefly. This is usually a harmless condition. If you have no other symptoms, you can ignore it. I would not order any tests as I am not concerned about this symptom. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards