What causes sudden heaviness and tightness in chest after taking GTN for tachycardia?

Question
hello dr.. since 3 weeks i have been suffering from sudden heavinees and tightness in chest , cold sweat , feeling fire in my face , cold hands , blueness under my hand fingers , pale face which turns white as if there is no blood , dry mouth, hardness in breath , dizzeniess. this sometimes happen while resting and always after any emotional feelings and physical movement . the pain lasts from minimum 7 and maximum to 25 minutes and dont relief thill i rest completely. i was admitted on thursday to the hospital and the ecg showed tachcardia and they gave me one doze of tenormin which didn't work well then they gave me GTN which made me feel better . after being prescribed to use GTN , i feel better .. what are your suggestions through what i am having
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be pulmonary hypertension Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Based on you symptoms I suspect you to have pulmonary hypertension which could be secondary to Right side heart defect. I suggest a complete work up has o b done to ascertain the wellbeing of the heart. This my include a tread mill test, 2D echo and cardiac enzymes. The earlier the condition is diagnosed the better will it respond to the treatment. regards,

Follow-up: What causes sudden heaviness and tightness in chest after taking GTN for tachycardia? 7 minutes later
Is it a heart disease ?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Yes, it could be due to heart disease. Do get your heart wellbeing tested. Regards,