What causes sudden head ache and is it safe to take comblifalm as remedy?

Nov 2013

what to do when pain strike at once or when its going to be started....???Is there any side-effect of taking combiflam as a remedy.???
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 30 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX Thank you for posting your query. Most likely, you are suffering from migraine. Since you have very frequent headaches, it is better to start on preventive medications to reduce the severity and frequency of headaches, as pain-killers can not be taken in large amounts. The options for preventive medications include beta blockers, topiramate, flunarizine and divalproex. Regarding combiflam, it is safe, but better options to reduce the headaches in migraine are vasograin and rizatriptan tablets. This is because combiflam may cause acidity and kidney damage if used in more quantities. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG:
Follow-up: What causes sudden head ache and is it safe to take comblifalm as remedy? 40 hours later
Hi Sir, Thanks for the Valuable Information.. Sir, I forgot to tell one thing that i am working in a call-center where i have to take lots of calls and i have lots of is it effecting .?? Because one of the doctor told me that this is also a reason..and earlier the frequency of pain was 5 -7 times in a month now it is more that 20 means almost daily.. Eagerly waiting for your reply Thanks and Regards Deepak XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Yes, taking a lot of calls and associated stress of working at call centre adversely affects your headaches. So, minimising your stress would be very useful in reducing the frequency of headaches. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)