What causes sudden fast heart beats when suffering from hypertension?

Iam on blood pressure medication which has kept my blood pressure regulated. /////today @ 9am it was 168/89 and now it is 165/97 at 1pm what does this mean I have been resting.Last night I woke up with a fast heart beat I have no history of heart trouble.I forgot to to mention that I am a diabetic with a 6.5 a1c. I was put on 200mg of allopurinol and colcry several days ago. forgot to mention I have a high inflammation level which the doctor is trying to bring down.
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Further cardiac tests are needed... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical history and feel sorry for the situation you are in. As you are having high inflammation level, it is also causing increased blood pressure. High blood pressure is also causing the fast heart beat that woken you up last night. If I was your caring doctor would ask to monitor your blood pressure and heart rate, together with running further cardiac examinations: - EKG - cardiac echo - holter monitoring before going into final consclusions. At last, please consult with your cardiologist to incresase the dose of the medications you are currently taking for hypertension. All the best! Dr.Benard