What causes sudden electric shock feeling in the right temple?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I have electric feeling in head by right temple
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due to many causes. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The sudden electric shock like feeling in the right temple can be due to nutritional deficiency,allergic reactions,excessive cold,exposure to chemicals,electrolyte imbalance etc. If you have been smoking heavily and regularly then it could also be a reason. Some measures: 1)Stop smoking (if any) completely for few days and observe for changes. 2)Avoid alcohol / sea food as it may trigger an allergic reaction. Prefer having home made food. 3)Apply petroleum jelly overnight. 4)Have a glass of orange juice or any mixed fruit so that if any electrolyte imbalance is corrected. 5)Avoid stress and relax your mind. If the symptoms persist even after 5 days or worsen consider visiting a Physician for evaluation as a physical examination would be beneficial. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: What causes sudden electric shock feeling in the right temple? 4 hours later
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You are welcome. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you. I am glad I could help. Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful. I wish you the very best in whatever you do. Warm regards