What causes sudden burning sensation all over my body?

all of a sudden my skin felt like it was on fire. It started on my face and spread all over my body
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Is this the first time you have this problem?? Detailed Answer: Hi, Based on the details provided, sudden onset burning sensation that started on the face and spread all over seems like hot flashes to me. These hot flashes are common in post menopausal women. But since you may have passed menopause long ago, I am not fairly convinced (though not completely excluded) that these are typical hot flashes. So please help me and confirm if you have had these burning fire like flashes (even in reduced intensity) in the past. If this is not similar to hot flashes; and is hurting you, then I would get check your blood pressure, blood sugar, vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium, magnesium, serum electrolytes and thyroid hormones. Your healthcare provider will know about hot flashes and the tests described above. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards