What causes sudden bruising on body?

my wife has been getting bruising on different parts of her body, they appear for no reason what would cause that?
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks benign, provide more details Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . Although the lesions seem to be benign in nature, still I would like to know certain more details regarding your wife's problem. Since when is she developing these bruises? Any associated pain or discomfort? Any generalised itching over body? Is she taking any medicines on regular basis? Any fever or any other problems like headache or body pains? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details . Waiting for your response Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What causes sudden bruising on body? 0 minute later
it was a year ago had a heart attack
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Skin purpuric spots, need further evaluation Detailed Answer: Hi again Since your wife had a cardiac event a year back , I assume that she might have been put on certain anti platelet drugs. Anti clotting agents are usually prescribed to patients following a cardiac episode. Now although such skin lesions can occur in people on these medicines , still I would advise you to see your treating doctor once so that a blood test can be done to assess the bleeding profile parameters . If all the tests are within normal limits, then these skin lesions can be ignored and only vitamin c supplements can be taken. Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul