What causes sudden body tremors?

my mom aged 53, health wise she is all right but all of the sudden when she was about to sleep she had a huge trembling thought the body, we took her immediately to the check-up, doctor sed that she is having high blood pressure (170-100). the next day evening again she had similar trembling but when checked the blood pressure was normal I cant understand why this is happening she had fall from about 9 feet 2 days before, but she had a small pain in the back & left of her shoulder after some time she recovered is there any problem form this. pls help me to understand why this vibrating happens...?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Listed causes; fear is the most common cause Detailed Answer: Hello sir/ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. There can be various causes for the tremor as of now. I shall try my best to list some of the most likely causes so you can understand and follow them up. They are: -Fear/panic attacks from the fall she suffered (this can explain the high blood pressure as well) -Weakness -Anemia -Various medications: There are quite a few medications that can cause a tremor like the one your mother experienced. Could you share the list of medications she is on with me. Thank you -Nerve damage from the fall: She can start taking vitamin B complex nutrients to help strengthen her nerves (eg. a complex of vitamin B1, B6, B12) -Head injury (did she suffer any head injury) From my personal experience, the most likely cause could be fear sir/ma'am. I have come across many elderly patients who suffered a fall and from there on are paranoid to even take one step down in the fear of falling again. Support your mother and help boost her confidence. Keep her distracted and let her know that she is safe and that this will not happen again. With time, if there is no other cause for the tremors, I am sure she will be perfectly fine. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.