What causes sudden bloating in stomach?
User rating for this question
I have a very large stomach and have normally been very slim, my age is 49 and am 5ft 5in and weigh about 66kg, I was always 54 kg till sometime last year! My stomach has always been flat and now is very bloated! I had my gallbladder out when I was 39 also.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be acidity Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Feeling a bloated stomach is a very common symptom among the patients after gall bladder removal. As this symptom has started after many years following surgery, the most likely reason could be gastritis. This is a very common illness and will require a course of anti acids. I would start you on antacids such as prilosec OTC that is available over the counter and see if you feel better. They generally show improvement by 2 weeks and the medications are very safe. In my opinion you should try the antacid before visiting your doctor. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- What causes sudden bloating in stomach
- Dark circles in stool
- Upset stomach on althea pills
- Dizzy with circle stars in eyes
- Red dot in white circle on face
- Black stool with altitud
- What causes bloated stomach in stomach
- What causes stomach bloating symptoms
- What causes upper stomach bloating
- Potassium deficiency and circles around eyes
- What causes severe stomach bloating
- Will high altitude cause gastric
- Dark circles from predisone
- Alternate drug of lesuride
- Taking proton pump pooping alot