What causes sudden back pain?

I am having a sudden back pain/strain from last three days - this is the first time I am having any such issue and for two days i didnt take any medicine - since it was quite uncomfortable i took a Ibprufen tablet once last night
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: continue to take Ibuprofen Detailed Answer: Hello, This seems like a strain on your back muscles. Since, this is the first time for such compliant, you can safely neglect it. However, please continue to take Ibuprofen thrice daily for at least 2 more days. This will take care of the pain. It is to be taken after food. Also, you can use topical sprays like Volini spray on your back for relief of pain as well. Get well soon.