What causes sudden anxiety attack?

I am a 57 year old female post menopausal. Three years ago I woke up with anxiety for no known reason. I have been given antidepressants and xanax klopoin with horriable side effects. I have been to so many doctors, therapists. I believe my problem is a imbalance in some chemical or hormone. I just had my hormones and my coritsol levels tested. Here are the results, dhea high 13.8, cortisol high at night 1.5. I am using a natural progestrone cream 1/8 tsp twice a day> Progrestone level 332; estradiol 0.6; testosterone 28. Other blood work; low globulin 1.8; albumin/globulin ratio high 2.6; absolute monocytes low 197; Natural doctor said I have high candida and fungus growth. Physical symptoms: anxiety, can not sleep more that two hours at a time; pain in right side; cannot tolerate and stress; anxiety thoughts no motivation, I have lost 25 lbs in the last three years. i have had my heart checked, upper gi and colonoscopy and gall bladder all normal. Could this be cancer or adrenal problems..I can not get in to see a endo for several weeks.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: what are thyroid levels Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. Have you checked your thyroid levels? Two most probable diagnosis are either thyroid imbalance or anxiety neurosis. Let me know your thyroid levels I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok
Follow-up: What causes sudden anxiety attack? 1 hour later
Tsh 1.66. T4 free 1.2 T3 free 2.8 Thyroid peroxidase 2.8. What are your thoughts on the absolute monocytes low 197 and the low globulin 1.8 and the high albumin/globulin ratio 2.6. I hope U got the lab work I had done I uploaded it. Please let me know if u didnt get it. Thank you for help. I am at a loss I don't know if there is something wrong with me or if it is a anxiety disorder but I would like to rule out a possible XXXXXXX problem and if it is anxiety.
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 4 hours later
Brief Answer: NOT SPECIFIC Detailed Answer: Hi sorry, I didn't get your uploaded report, But report you wrote here-- suggestive of anxiety only Low monocyte and low globulin alone are not meaningful. Yes, if you want, you can ask for ECG and stress test to rule out heart problem