What causes subserosal fibroid in uterine and does it lead to miscarriage?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016
Excellent

OBGYN
Question
Hi doc XXXXXXX here my wife is having pregnancy of 7 weeks and during ultrasonic doc told that she is having two small sized subserosal fibroid in uterine so will it lead to abortion and also doc sugested naturogest 200 mg plz send me reply thanks
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: SUBSEROUS FIBROID DOESN'T CAUSE MISCARRIAGE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) SUBSEROUS Fibroid is the 2nd most common type (15%) of uterine fibroids. It is located underneath the peritoneal surface of the uterus. It DOESN'T cause MISCARRIAGE or interfere with current pregnancy. So, you wouldn't be worried about that. In addition, you should know that SUBMUCOSAL Fibroids are the least common type (5%) of fibroid and develop just under the lining of the uterine cavity (endometrium). It can distort the uterine cavity and CAUSE Miscarriage. 2) NATUROGEST is a micronised progesterone. It is given to support pregnancy and prevent early miscarriage. It is quite safe and there is no harmful effect to the growing baby. Do periodic check up to her doctor and continue Folic acid and Vitamin supplements as prescribed. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish her good health and successful motherhood. Don't be worried. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: What causes subserosal fibroid in uterine and does it lead to miscarriage? 11 minutes later
Her subserosal fibroid is 1.16cm×1.03cm doc told me its near gestational sac so plz reply

Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: UPLOAD ULTRASOUND REPORT. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up response. Kindly, upload or attach her ultrasound scan to assist you better and give proper guideline. Waiting for your report and reply. Regards, Dr Soumen

Follow-up: What causes subserosal fibroid in uterine and does it lead to miscarriage? 26 minutes later
Doc one more question will it harm growth of fetus or anything else

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for uploading report and query. 1) I have reviewed your attached reports in details and there is NOTHING to worry with this type of fibroid in current pregnancy as they are very small in size. 2) It DOESN'T cause any harm to growing fetus. However, she must avoid heavy work, long journey, lifting heavy objects and take adequate bed rest. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion. All the best and good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen

Follow-up: What causes subserosal fibroid in uterine and does it lead to miscarriage? 7 hours later
Doc this fibroid will not grow in size na?

Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. Size of the Subserous fibroid will INCREASE slightly due to increased vascularity as the pregnancy progresses. However, it doesn't cause any harm to baby. Periodic ultrasound scan is required to assess the status of fibroid and overall growth and development of the growing fetus. Kindly, consult with your Gynecologist regarding this. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion. Regards, Dr Soumen