What causes stuffy nose and itching in throat?

I have bad cold stuffy nose and scratchy throat for 2 weeks now I have been through boxes and boxes of tissues I feel that I have phlegm lodged down the back of my throat but can't seem to bring it up
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: I suggest you to take steam inhalations Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. You seem to be having a severe respiratory infection. I suggest you to take steam inhalations and warm water gurgles. You may try over the counter drugs like cetrizine or loratidine. Benadryl syrup can also help. Hope I am clear. All the best
Follow-up: What causes stuffy nose and itching in throat? 5 minutes later
I have been given 3 day course of azithromycin - will this work?
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Azithromycin is a fantastic antibiotic Detailed Answer: hi, Yes, Azithromycin is a fantastic antibiotic. when used alone it will clear the infection, but the congestion still remain for some days. Hence i suggested you those medications. all the best.