What causes strong pain on one side of the head?

I have a vice like grip in my right temple and side of head only, what could be causing this?XXXX /whenever I get any head pain the doctor sends me to the Hospital for a CT because of the possibility of a head bleed. I was hoping to have some other information that could oossibly cause this pain.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: Given that you have basically ruled out anything in your head (bleeding), then it likely will come down to one of two things: 1. Complicated migraine - though this seems unlikely given that this would invariably involve some form of a generalized headache at some point. 2. TMJ syndrome - Temporomandibular disorders (often presenting as facial pain just like you are describing) would be a distinct possibility. The best person to evaluate you for both of these problems would be a Neurologist. I hope that this helps and good luck!