What causes strong heart beats after walking up stairs and during sex?

Yesterday after walking up stairs 6 flats I felt a very strong heart beat in my chest, something I never felt before almost painfull ... After 10 seconds disappeared. I thought I was too tired and did not worried me. Before I was at the gym for an hour. But today during sex it happen again a little bit. I did not exercise today. Now I am worried. What is going on? I am 45 years old male athletic with no history of any medical conditions.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Cardiac tests suggested.. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX I have read your medical history carefully and understood your concerns. I am happy to hear that you are athletic with no history of any medical conditions. With regards to the episodes of feeling a strong heart beat in your chest after walking up stairs and during sex, I'd suggest to run further cardiac tests to determine the right problems including: - EKG - cardiac echo - Holter monitoring - stress test If the tests will be resulted normal, then, there is nothing to be worried about as it might be due to work overload. All the best! Dr.Benard