What causes strange buzzing sensation below the righ ribcage?

General Surgeon
I have a strange buzzing sensation just below the right of my rib age. There's no real pain and it feels as if something in there is vibrating. It is only very mild but noticeable, it does not feel unpleasant, just a tad bit strange as I don't know what it is. Any ideas? Warmest Regards, XXXX
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Such strange sensation can be caused by muscle spasm in this area. It can appear due to ions ( potassium, magnesium) deficiency or by diphragm irritation by some liver lesion. Sometimes gallstones can give such symptom, especially if you also have nausea after a meal. I suggest you to start magnesium and potassium supplementation. If it wont help after few days, you should have abdominal ultrasound. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards
Follow-up: What causes strange buzzing sensation below the righ ribcage? 3 minutes later
XXXXXXX :) That's good advice, thank you so much, and Happy New Year xx
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: You are welcome. Happy new year to you too.