What causes stomach ulcer?

Jul 2016

My adult son just had surgery to fix a hole in his stomach. The nurse in recovery said the hole was caused by an ulcer. When asked how the ulcer was created she said three main causes are possible, 1. infection, 2. medicine, 3. stress. He had a kidney transplant at the age of 10 and almost got 19 years from it. The last 2 years he has been on dialysis for the first time in his life, with various medications. He get dialysis 3 times a week. What is important to find out now is what caused this ulcer. This is definitely a loaded question, which I hope the professionals involved with him can answer. Will they be able to take a reasonable guess at it? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is due to perforation of Deodenal Ulcer. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your son who had undergone Renal Transplant at the age of 10 and was on medications suddenly had a severe pain in abdomen perforation of a Duodenal Ulcer and had to be operated. He had developed Duodenal Ulcer mainly due to hyper acidity due to immuno suppressant drugs and stress due to his chronic illness .This ulcer has perforated giving rise to severe pain in abdomen and vomiting. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.