What causes stomach pain with gurgling sound?

General Surgeon
For the past two days I've been playing hard tennis. Hard serves and harder ground strokes. I've been doing this for the past 4 months. The past 2 days have been a bit extreme. I have also had some pain the past few days. The pain is located 1.5-2" above my navel. Very painful to touch and especially painful when I push in. Area is less than 2" in diameter that is painful. Felt good when getting out of bed but pain returned after standing for a few minutes. Abdomen seems to be somewhat distended. Don't know who to see or whether to play tennis today. Do you know what I'm dealing with? Appreciate any advice! Also gurgling in stomach after eating breakfast this morning. Thanks,XXXX
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: its gastritis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to HCM. This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. Your pain in stomach and the gurgling sound is highly suggestive of gastritis... acid peptic disease. You need to start on a ppi tablet like pantaprazole and need to cut down on tea, coffee and soda intake. Also, stress makes the pain worse, so better avoid it. Initially for a few days you may take it twice a day and when the pain gets controlled you can take its just in the morning only. Regarding playing tennis today...its upto you and your intensity of pain...take a day wont do any harm. Hope, that i have answered to all your queries. If you have any further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Get well soon. Dr. Ashish Verma
Follow-up: What causes stomach pain with gurgling sound? 26 minutes later
I've also had diarrhea for the past two days. Is this normal with gastritis?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gastroenteritis Detailed Answer: Hi, It may be related. However the possibility of infection cannot be ruled out. I would suggest that you consult a doctor for evaluation if you continue to have loose stools. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma
Follow-up: What causes stomach pain with gurgling sound? 4 hours later
Could it possibly be a hernia in consideration of all the info I've given you? Is there anything that I've told you that would rule a hernia out?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 6 hours later
Brief Answer: no it dosent looks like hernia Detailed Answer: Hi, A hernia appears like a swelling in the area....also when u keep your fingers at that point and cough, you can feel it...but to conclusively prove or exclude it, you need to visit a physician for a physical examination or get an ultrasound of that area. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma