What causes stomach pain after skipping period?

May 2013
Hi I have missed my periods and I have a constant stomach pain like a cramp-like pain. I have done the pregnancy test and I am not pregnant. May I know why it could be happening? Do i see a doctor?
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Blood test for pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Delay in periods can occur due to many causes like hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal abnormalities etc. You didn't mention the exact date of your last menstrual period. Usually urine pregnancy test kit gives accurate result after one week of expected date of periods. So, you can repeat the urine test after one week of missed period or you can go for blood test now. If test result comes negative, there is less possibility for pregnancy. In that case, the symptoms you are having could be due to hormonal effect in premenstrual phase. If you do not get periods even after one week, consult gynecologist once and get evaluated. After examination, if she recommends go for investigations like estimation of hemoglobin levels, blood sugar, thyroid profile, prolactin levels and ultrasound. Possibly with this workup the cause for your problem can be identified and treated. With the doctor's advice you can take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: What causes stomach pain after skipping period? 12 minutes later
Ok. Thank you for answer. My last date: 27 October. Period date I mean
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of pregnancy is less Detailed Answer: Hi, In case of regular 30 days cycles, as the pregnancy test was negative even after 13 days of missed period, the possibility of pregnancy is less. So, consult gynecologist once and get evaluated as I suggested previously. Take care.
Follow-up: What causes stomach pain after skipping period? 3 minutes later
Okay, Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Hi, You are welcome. Take care.