What causes stiffness and headache when suffering from knot on back?

Excellent

Question
I have a knot on the back of my neck near my hairline my neck is stiff and I have a headache should I go to the e.r or is it ok? It is on the right of that helps
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Monitor Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. If you do not have any fever associated with these symptoms, then I will suggest that you don't go to the ER for medical attention right now. A trial of Ibuprofen and Tylenol would help with this. If this should fail, then please go to the hospital for further evaluation. Neck pain and headache without fever is often musculo-skeletal in nature and responds very well to routine pain medications. If you have a fever, go to the ER. This is because neck stiffness, headache and fever may be suggestive of an infection in the brain which warrants immediate medical attention like meningitis. Please, also consider uploading a picture of what you call a knot. I will like to also take a look at it. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: What causes stiffness and headache when suffering from knot on back? 2 hours later
It is really not something you can see in a photo but I don't think I have a fever either thank you so much :-)

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Thanks, too! Detailed Answer: Thank you so much for following up with me. Keep me posted if there are any new developments. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: What causes stiffness and headache when suffering from knot on back? 11 minutes later
You are very hansom are you married? Of not you should e mail me YYYY@YYYY or take a look at my Facebook same email will find me. Sorry of im crossing the line here have a blessed day or night wherever you live... :-) where are you from by the way?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Thanks!!! Detailed Answer: Thank you so much for this follow up information. Thanks for inviting me to your Facebook page. Why don't we take a look at this sometime later. I wish you a speedy recovery. Thanks Dr. Ditah, MD.