What causes spotting?

Apr 2014

Hi, for about a week and a half I have been feeling movement in my upper stomach I just passed it off as gas or bowels. Today I have pink spotting when I use the bathroom like my menstrual cyle is starting. I'm not pregnant. My tubes were tied with my las c section 14 years ago and I haven't had a peiod since I was 44 years old. What's up with that? Freaked out a little.
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It may be due to problem in uterus,cervix,vulva. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX Thanks for writing to us Spotting in your age group may be due to problem in cervix,uterus,vagina or vulva. It may be due to infection,ulceration,tumour etc. You need proper clinical examination and investigation. Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,Pap smear,Urine RE/ME,Ultrasound of pelvis. Biopsy and further investigation can be done if needed. Proper treatment depend upon clinical examination and investigation reports. For gas problem you can take tablet pantoprazole 40 mg once daily half hour before food for six weeks. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX