What causes spotting with lower abdominal pain?

I had my periods on 1st XXXXXXX till 5th XXXXXXX before n during my periods I had breast pain that always happens in my period but this time it continued after periods got over..after 3 days i sarted feeling lower abdominal ache..on 6th XXXXXXX i had mutual mastbation with my boyfrnd i " never hav sex" in my life. I went to gynocologist n she examined me n did a urine test to check the posibility of pregnancy....n result came nagative...she priscribed me medicine....nw today i had littile bit blood spotting m worried whats going on this never happened to me bfor.i need ur help.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: infection or ovulation Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Since you had your period on XXXXXXX 1st, possibility of pregnancy can be surely ruled out.Lower abdominal pain with some spotting can occur mid cycle, due to infections like UTI, vaginal infection or ovulation. In your case, i would first rule out infection. Masturbation can often be an accessory to infection. If its ovulation pain, there may some light spotting also, but it only lasts a day or two. You need to wait and watch for another day. If you stop bleeding, its quite possibly ovulation pain. If it continues, then likely, the cause is hormonal imbalance and needs to be investigated further. Meanwhile, drink plenty of water and clear fluids to flush out infection. Keep the area clean. Wash only with water, esp after using the toilet.
Follow-up: What causes spotting with lower abdominal pain? 1 hour later
But what about the breast pain n its been 4 days this andoman ache is still maintained with white discarge with littile sporting today.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later
Brief Answer: hormonal imbalance Detailed Answer: More than likely, the breast pain is hormonal. Use a tight brasserie and hot fomentation. If there is no relief use primrose oil caps. White discharge may be abnormal if its thick and curdy. That imitates infection. Use probiotics daily to prevent that. Pain is likely to be due to infection or uti. Ovulation pain is transient.