What causes spinning of head after a surgery?

Question
is it normal? head spinning after a surgery. it was a surgery for uterus removal.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: could be due to anaemai or low sugar levels. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX It is not normal to have head spinning after surgery. Usually post surgically some patients have this symptom if they are ANAEMIC. Low haemoglobin could be due to excessive bleeding during surgery. Even low sugar levels can also cause this, you need to take adequate diet after surgery. Also keep your self well hydrated, as dehydration can cause similar complaints. Sometimes any undiagnosed internal ear problem can cause similar spinning episodes. Kindly visit your doctor if the symptoms persists. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: What causes spinning of head after a surgery? 7 minutes later
She is taking diet properly and regularly along with the fruits (Apple, Grapes, pomegranate). its been 20 days now from the date of operation but she started complaining about head spinning since last 8-10 days. She is also taking all the medicines prescribed by the doctor. We consulted the same surgeon 2-3 days back but she said it is due to weakness and dehydration. Now in this case what should we do?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get haemoglobin and blood sugar levels checked. Detailed Answer: Hello, I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, as she taking proper diet, then the reason for this head spinning could be due to anaemia. What I advise is to get her haemoglobin and blood sugar levels checked. If both the investigations are normal, then she needs a physician review to know if there is any other problem. Also I need to tell you that there is no relation with the present complaint and hysterectomy(uterus removal). They are not related with each other. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!