What causes spasm in perinel area and pain after an orgasm?

Hello, i've been experiencing spasm/cramp like pain in my perinel area for about three years now. In the first few months it was pretty bad, and I couldnt even empty my urethra completely. Because spasmolydics didnt help, i tried Baclofen, which helped me a little, and i got out of the worst part. But it didnt stop there, ever since then i feel it every day, it is not as bad as on beginning but it is still there, and it doesn't seem to go away. I have been to 2 urologists already and they told me that there is nothing wrong with my prostate or any other urologic part of body (i also tried long term antibiotic treatment but it didnt change anything at all). I also visited neurology doctor and Physiatrists, they couldnt help either. I did MR and Xray scans for lumbosacral spine, but it only showed some problems, that shouldn't be related to this. I also tried various physical therapies but nothing seem to be helping. I never wake up because of this while sleeping, in fact, when i wake up, it feels like it is gone, but then the pain and spasm build again through the day. Pain is definitely the worse when I lay on my back, then it slowly starts to build up and I actually feel small/light impulses and spasms. It always get bad when I lay on my back, and one of the doctors said it might be related to my coccyx. And another thing that sometimes increases the pain is after an orgasm (orgasm cramps feel like the same muscle that i feel tension/pain in, but it never hurts during ejaculation or sexual activity), maybe about 20 minutes after, I feel a little elevated pain level, but not as much as when I lay on my back. That is it for now, I can also upload my MR and Xray scans if it will be helpful. I am turning to you, because I really have no idea what to do left, and apparently the doctors I visited already do not have a clue either Thank you.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer: Coccydynia Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Urology, working with an experienced Urologist. I answer on his behalf. Based on your symptoms other than a urological, when ruled out I could think of Coccydynia. Coccydynia is pain in the coccyx secondary to spondylosis or on specific inflammation. The pain due to coccyx can be referred to the muscles attached around it like coccygeus muscle, pyrifomis and levator ani. Sprain or inflammatory pain in these muscles resemble the pain due to the urological structures lying close to these muscles. Hence, could be mistaken fr the same. I suggest you o try a course of antiinflammatory medications which can help. Regards,