What causes sores on the penis?

Apr 2014

I have these sores on the shaft of my penis, at first noticed it started off as one tiny small patch non irritabl shortly after trying to wipe it away I believe I broke the skin on it which caused it to spread. I went to the STD clinic and I tested negative for syphilis genital warts gonorrhea hiv/aids. now this is going on for about a month now the stores are clearing up but my penis is now real tender and I have white spots where the rashes used to Be and on top of that it seems like it has spread it to my scrotum I've been using this over the counter cream but it doesn't seem like it's helping it was for jock itch
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Most probably sores are due to allergic etiology. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX There are number of causes for sores on the penis depending on the size,number, distribution,any pain or itching.You need proper clinical examination. People often get scared when they find sores on the penis but most of the time it is harmless. However if it is due to any sexually transmitted disease,it must be confirmed and treated immediately to avoid complications and damage. In many people,most of the rashes are caused by skin irritation may be during masturbation,oral sex or during sexual intercourse. It can also be due to allergy from lubricants or mild bacterial infection. In this case the spots should be treated with antibiotic, antifungal,antiallergic or steroid cream or usually they disappear on their own in couple of weeks. If they still persist than it's perhaps a condition which needs to be further investigated. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX