What causes soreness in my right arm?

I woke up after sleeping in a way that made my right arm sore. Then I noticed I can see all these small veins on my upper arm and a little on my inside forearm, as if someone took a blue gray fine line marker and drew squiggles on me, or like an anatomy drawing. They developed overnight. Is it because I slept on my arm? Will they go away?
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. Sometimes numbness & tingling can occur after sleeping in an abnormal position, however this degree of vascular congestion should be evaluated by a physician as soon as possible. Please see a doctor for a physical examination at your earliest convenience. Take care, Dr G