What causes soreness in my belly button area?

My belly button area is very sore and it feels like a marble underneath. I have also been having lower back pain today. Any thoughts? If you push down on my stomach right on top of belly button, it's pretty painful.
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Needs work up, look harmless Detailed Answer: Good Day Madam! Thank you for asking. My name is Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with the pain. Madam this periumbilical pain with back pain with no previous history needs work up as this pain directs to many etiologies. could be simple small intestine spasm , could be UTI, could be pelvic inflammatory disease , could be appendicitis which usually start with periumbilical pain and then progressess to right lower quadrant. Could be pancrease. Could nothing just a simple skeletal muscle spasm. SO you see its too early to point to the etiology. SO i recommend some acetaminophen or skeletal muscle relaxant with some antispasmodics, if the problem persist seek the Consult of gynecologist for Workup , a simple urine routine exam would be a good start. But lets hope for the best cause pains that short in duration are mostly innocuous. Hope this answer finds you in good health. If you have any more queries please feel free to ask other wise please close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. regards Dr S Khan