What causes soreness in lower stomach?

General Surgeon
sorness in lower stomach, below belly button and above pubic bone. had alot of gas and grumbling and get discomfort when I have a bowl movement. Press hard on area and feels sore and when I walk or bounce in my car I feel the soreness. no pain urinating, no fever, and bowlmovment are more or less normal. its been 3-4 days now. Was feeling bloated but, still feel hungry. Not sure if I pulled muscles down there and I don't feel any lumps of a hernia. Feeling a little better juicing and not eatting anything to heavy but, the sorness is there.
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Such symptom is very nonspecific and can be caused by several issues including urinary bladder infection (even if no changes in urinating), uterine or ovaries issues or even large intestine issues like inflammation or colon cancer (more possible if you are older than 50). I suggest you to have some diagnostics. Please start with urine analysis, blood work and abdominal ultrasound. If you are female, please consult gynecologist and have transvaginal ultrasound. If you are over the age of 50, please check for occult blood in stool. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow-up: What causes soreness in lower stomach? 48 hours later
Lower stomach pain 90% gone away. don't feel the cramp down there especially when I had to urinate or bowl movement. Also, don't have to push to get the gas out analy..comes easier and natural. Bowl movement is kinda going back to normal schedule. Still feeling bloated with gas, Burp after drinking and eatting. Appetite is still so so. On my 5th day. I am a male 49yrs old.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 25 hours later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Well, it indicates that you have had some large intestine issue. This should force you to have colonoscopy done. Please start probiotic supplementation and see if this will help. Start fiber rich diet and increase mineral water intake. If gas problem will be still present, please have your first colonoscopy done. Regards.
Follow-up: What causes soreness in lower stomach? 16 hours later
Thank you Doctor I'm feeling 90% better and believe it or not, I think most of this was brought on by stress and the fact that I took alot of antibiotics almost a month ago but, that stuff still mest up my stomach. I did accupucture and herbs to heal myself and relieve the gas. I'm not 50 yet but, ill schedule an appointment for colonoscopy in near future. I still feel a little sore but, ALOT better. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Probiotic should help with symptoms caused by antibiotics treatment. Antibiotics eliminate all bacteria in intestines what can cause your symptoms. Regards.