What causes soreness in lower back and what are the findings from MRI?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
lower back still sore . Got out of bed to go to work left foot drop and pain down rear of both legs. Went to ER ct scan and they told me to call doc and get MRI I had prodlems. MRI nreve crushed on right side l5 bulging l4. sysmptoms on left leg confused doctors. Therapist recommended standing MRI never happened I'm blown off by doctors. MMI been given still weak can't stnd for long or sit for long can walk for about 150 yards and loose leg control. what is messing them up is the lack of serious pain. I've been told by a theroputic surgeon years ago to tell all doctors if I'm get a serious injury to advise them I have a pain tolerance outside the norm. Even found him an he sent me a letter stating I proccess or deal with pain outsider the norm. yet my dianossis and treatment are dependant upon my level of pain alone. I have applied and rec. SSDI on first attempt. was told they granted after MRI review. Told by physical therapist who was assigned and then ignored to get a standing MRI as she believes I have a crush with a twist causing spinosis? Also for approximately the first six months if standing or trying to walk to far I would loose my color and turn white beforer I lost muscle control of my legs. I have to wear a left foot brace for the toe drop and I use a cane incase of balance loss. I take off backwards spontainiously . Toe drop improved some over the last year but can only raise to level no strength. Also I now get dull pain above right knee at times, not sure if just tired or not . Have quite a lot of muscle loss as I cannot do much of anythging also erectile dysfunction or I should say differences
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 8 hours later
Brief Answer: go ahead with surgery. Detailed Answer: Hi. Reviewed the whole history and findings. Was bit difficult to get what you are asking for. From what you have written, I would advise to go ahead for the surgery as decompression is needed anyway, and helps in progress in a positive way. It is great to know your pain tolerance. All the best.