What causes soreness around ribs while taking Amoxicillin for bronchitis treatment?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Kavita Paul 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: You seem to be suffering from chest infection Detailed Answer: Hi, I appreciate your concern.Since you are having bronchitis with soreness on left side of chest , we need to rule out chest infection like pneumonitis ,which can present with cough ,expectoration, fever and chest pain. In case you feel any chest pain which is severe in intensity and increases on deep inspiration or coughing , it might be due to pleurisy (inflammation of lung linning).Since you are feeling discomfort on left side of chest,we need to get your ECG . Meanwhile continue antibiotics with bronchodilators and painkillers like Paracetamol.Maintain adequate hydration and take adequate rest. In case you develop fever or the chest discomfort worsens, then kindly get Chest X Ray , ECG and Complete Blood Counts. Hope it helps.Kindly ask in case of any clarification Dr. Kavita Paul
People also viewed
- Is itching a side effect of tadalafil?
- Energy value of protein
- Working for the fbi
- Fatty tissue around liver
- What could be the cause and treatment for sore wart
- Fatigue and polycystic ovaries
- Peg tube feeding rates
- What is the cause and treatment for cold sores
- Is chest pain a side effect of prialt?
- What is the treatment for sore nose caused by allergy
- Is chest pain a side effect of vantin?
- What causes sore joints and what is the treatment
- Is chest pain a side effect of ancef?
- Is chest pain a side effect of uceris?
- What is the cause and treatment for recurring sore throat