What causes sore throat?

ENT Specialist
Hello, for the pass two weeks I have an sore throat, but I don't have any other symptoms like hoarseness or fever or anything. But evertime I wake up my throat hurts. And then I drink water and it feels better but I still have a feeling as if something is stuck in my throat. I did have oral sex with my wife you think I could of got infection or something? I don't drink or smoke. Never in my life. But I'm worried about throat cancer. I'm 35 years old What do you think it could me? I took a picture of my throat.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not suggestive of cancer Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Relax, your symptoms do not point to cancer. Also you do not use two of the most common carcinogens. Your history suggests reflux with may be a supper added throat infection (but most likely not because of oral sex). Please use proton pump inhibitor and antiseptic gargles and things should be fine. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Follow-up: What causes sore throat? 48 minutes later
Did you see my picture of my throat and how does it look? I don't know what is proton pump inhibitor is Lol sorry. OK I'm glad you said you don't think it's cancer. You put my mind at ease.
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Slight inflamation only. Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. I had answered after looking at the image of your throat. The throat looks slightly inflamed. Omeprazole and the drugs of the same group are PPI. Please consult your GP and he/she will help you in this. Feel free to ask another query. Regards