What causes sore throat with cough?

Felling pain in throat from few days, and cough is also started, throat pain increase during cough. Please suggest some medicine, currently I am using Tantum for gargle twice a day.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Are you running fever?? Detailed Answer: Hi, It is important to know if you have fever along with these symptoms. Presence of high grade fever with severe throat pain suggest probable bacterial infection where antibiotic use is warranted. Therefore if you have fever, I recommend that you visit a doctor nearby for evaluation. If there is no fever, I would start you on pantaprazole 40mg once a day and advice you to continue gargles three times a day. In addition throat lozenges such as strepsil can provide instant relief. If you have tried all these, then you can also try gargling with warm water mixed with disprin tablets. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: What causes sore throat with cough? 0 minute later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX I dont have fever, so as you have suggested I will start with pantaprazole 40mg once a day, and gargling with warm water mixed with disprin tablets. Regards XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prasad 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes.... Detailed Answer: Yes, XXXXXXX .. If you have no fever you can start the above regimen before consulting a doctor. I hope you get relieved soon. Hope this helps. Please close this discussion if you have no more questions to me. Regards