What causes sore throat and hoarse voice when suffering from Barrett's esophagus and could it be cancer symptom?
User rating for this question
I was diagnosed with Barretts 2 years ago lately my throat is always sore, my voice is hoarse in the mornings, and I cannot eat bread. meat.and a variety of other foods without feeling like they are getting stuck. Raw fish is one of the only foods that is comfortable to eat. Do you think that it could be cancer or that my Barretts ids becoming more severe?
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Get evaluated again...It could be worsening GERD Detailed Answer: Hi and than you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about the diagnosis of Barrett's esophagus. Your symptoms raise the suspicion of acid reflux symptoms. Acid causes inflammation of the pharynx especially in the supine position that. This would be however not too typical because you are already on omeprazole. Given the previous diagnosis, I will suggest that you get evaluated again. I could be a worsening of the Barretts. Also, acid reflux is the number one cause of Barrett's. At times, the reflux can worsen and that needs further medical and maybe surgical interventions to address this. Please, consult with your gastroenterologist for another upper endoscopy. This will assess the current state of the esophagus. Also, a biopsy would be done that will hep tell whether this could be cancer or not. However, it takes about 10years for XXXXXXX to progress to cancer. This is simply not very feasible seen the short duration that you have had this diagnosis made. I wish you well.I hope you find this information useful. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to request for more information if needed. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- What is the cause of sore throat when on atrax
- Vaginal bleeding after sex should i be concerned
- Hoarse voice no sore throat
- Blurred vision in left eye suggest treatment
- Low libido after menopause taking estrogen had hysterectomy
- White solid particle in stool
- What is causing my sore throat and raspy voice
- Passing water from rectum
- Can sore throat cause hoarse or muffled voice?
- Having menstrual irregularities should i be concerned
- Can prolonged intake of diane 35 causes hair loss
- Passing white tissue while pregnant
- Yellow particles in stool
- What could be causing milduncomfortable painful sore throat
- Pregnant passing white tissue with stool