What causes sore spots on face,ear,hip and head when suffering from diabetes?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I have some sore spots that have popped up one my face, ear, hip, and head.. They start as red spots that itch and hurt. They are round craters. They bleed and are painful. I am a diabetic and wonder if it is related to that.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Primary skin lesion or skin infection Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Diabetes mellitus can manifest as skin lesions however, the lesions mentioned by you do not seem to be associated with diabetes mellitus. Red colored lesions appearing on different part of the body which itch, hurt and bleed can be due to a primary skin disease or be due to an infectious process. Bacterial infections can lead to sores which may be painful, itch and bleed. There are many skin diseases which are characterized by itching and soreness. A clinical examination of these lesions is required. You need to consult a dermatologist for clinical examination and relevant manifestations. Biopsy of these lesions may be required for histopathological examination. If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal