What causes sore nipples and absence of periods when suffering from mirena?
User rating for this question
I've have the mirena for a little over a year and just recently in the past few months I've experienced tender and sore nipples, my boobs are fine.. its just mainly when I press in at the nipple area.. wondering if this is just symptom from the mirena??.. I haven't had my period since I've had the mirena..
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: XXXXXXX First of all, it is normal to not get your period while the Mirena is in place. The progesterone released by the device acts locally within the uterus to prevent the normal shedding that occurs monthly. That being said, no form of birth control is 100% effective. Yes, breast symptoms are a sign of pregnancy. You should check a pregnancy test now. If the test is negative, then in all likelihood, the symptoms you are experiencing are just related to the hormonal changes that still occurr with your cycle. These symptoms still occur despite the lack of growth and shedding of the uterine lining. Please ask if you have additional questions!!
People also viewed
- Depo-provera 150 mg
- What causes stomach cramps with spotting in absence of periods
- What causes heavy and dark periods when suffering from pocos
- What hiv does to your body
- Antibiotics and implanon
- Emergency contraception iud
- What causes delayed periods having sore nipples and hpt negative
- Medicine for hot body
- What causes delayed and scanty periods when suffering from pcod
- Hot red rash on body
- What causes absence of periods after a medical abortion
- How sodium sodium works in humen body
- Hcg activator pills
- Yasmin oral-b ad
- How to work unienzyme in human body