What causes sore neck and whispering voice after a partial thyroidectomy?

I have only a whisper, a sore neck, sob (ground glass look to my chest ct) since my partial thyroidectomy. Could my surgeon accidently damaged my vocal cords?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be a complication of Thyroidectomy Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing www.healthcaremagic. Damage to recurrent laryngeal nerve is a very common complication of thyroidectomy ,resulting in whispering voice. so yes, it could have been a complication of partial thyroidectomy. Good Luck DR SAATIISH jHUNTRRAA