What causes sore bruise at injection site?
User rating for this question
after i injected heroin the spot i injected is now very sore and brused whats wrong
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take Tab. Paracetamol and keep limb elevated Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thank for posting your query to the forum. After reading your query I can make out that you have injected the heroin outside the vein and that got deposited in the skin which caused painful bruised over the injected spot. To tell you simply- If any of the drug or chemical agent is not injected in the vein then it gets deposited under the skin. Here on one side as the drug or the chemical agent is quite toxic to the tissues and on the other side due to puncture of vein, there is deposition of blood under the skin causing bruise. Due to deposition of drug itself it can cause moderate to severe pain on the local site. The same happened with you. If the soreness is not reducing in few hours then it is prone to get infected. I suggest you to take a course of antibiotic and pain killer to reduce the possibility of infection. For pain killer tablet you can take tablet paracetamol (crocin)for two times a day. I think you have done it on fore-arm so keep it elevated above heart level as much as possible. If at all you feel any increase in the spot or formation of swelling or increase in pain then you must immediately see a doctor. I further suggest you as friendly advice to stop the practice of injecting any such drugs. So if you have done it for first time then must not do it again as it can cause fatal effects which I have quite often noticed in my clinical practice. "With best wishes of early recovery of all your problems" "With good health wishes" Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD- Dermatology
People also viewed
- Can intake of prevacid medicine increase the kidney problem
- Does bethrocin and zeewiip cause any side effects
- Can saphris cure manic depressive illness ?
- Bruise on the thigh with soreness what is causing it
- Juvederm injection caused bruise
- Can i take two cilas tablets
- What causes the sore lump on the bruised area
- Can risperidone systemic cure nightmares?
- I am suffering from lice, can i take rid?
- Does taking suboxone and clopazepam together has any side effects
- Can i take effexor xr for panic disorder?
- What causes unexplained bruises
- What causes sore bruise at injection site
- Can naprosyn cure ankylosing spondylitis?
- Will there be any withdrawal symptoms for the wilburton