What causes sore breast and sensitive nipples?

Mar 2016

hi. I had my period on 1/5/14. on the 12 I took the plan b pill. on the 17 I started bleeding till the 21. I'm experiencing sore breast and sensitive nipples. I had blood work done on the 23 and came out negative. I'm expecting my period on 2/5 as I got on 1/5 and 12/5. any advices as to why my boobs feal funny
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) Plan B contains Levonorgestrel as active ingredient and it gives more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy if you took it within first 24 hrs and around 85% within 24 to 48 hrs. 2) You got withdrawal bleeding (due to effect of Plan B) on 17th January and continued up to 21st. It is quite common and natural phenomena. Most women get this type of bleeding after taking the pill. 3) Sore breast with hard & sensitive nipple is due to overdose of progesterone hormone in association with Plan B as side effect. Here, you need to wear tight breast support and avoid much handling, drink more water to improve systemic circulation, avoid tea/ coffee, salty/ fatty food stuffs and reduce mental stress. 4) It is too early for blood work and the test is INVALID. You must undergo one home pregnancy test soon after missed period and repeat the test after 1 week to clear doubt. 5) Your period may be delayed for 1 to 2 weeks from due date due to hormonal imbalance (effect of Plan B) and mental stress. Most women get late period for 2 weeks and you can expect your next period around 16th February (in that case 17th January will be your D1 of cycle). Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen You can revert back to me after doing the tests directly through WWW.WWWW.WW