Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes sore and swollen foreskin?

Hi I'm XXXXXXX I've had this pain for about a week now it's when I pull the forskin back it looks like it's split an has now very sore an is swollen ? Thank you so much that has helped a lot ill get some stuff for it an not touch it an keep it clean :) thank you
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: THis may be an infection! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this pain your are experiencing with your penis. The description of your symptoms is concerning for a possible infection called balanitis. You would need to get a consultation and examination to make a final call on this diagnosis. For this reason, I will suggest that you get consulted by your primary care physician. He would probably confirm this diagnosis or look for any other possible cause and prescribe drugs like antibiotics and pain medications to help address this problem. Also, excess manipulation could be the main problem provoking and aggravating this pain. I will suggest that you stop manipulating the foreskin that often because it is not helping with the healing process and may actually be aggravating the state of affairs. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.