What causes soft spot on my toddler's forehead?
User rating for this question
My 23 month old has a soft spot on her forehead above her eyebrow. I just noticed the mushy spot today, but I believe it could be due from a previous injury. She knocked her head on her male cousins head who is 4 years of age.
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like small hematoma. Detailed Answer: Hello, If she had knocked the head , then it is very likely to be a small hematoma underneath skin.You can just put mild pressure on it , to see if its tender to her.If that is the case then apply ice to it and it should resolve.If there is no excess cry, irritability, sleepiness ,loss of playfulness or problem with eating then there is nothing to worry about. If this fails to resolve , then there are few possibilities which can present as a soft spot in this region.These are dermoid . lipoma or sebaceous gland cysts. But all these are since birth.A clinical evaluation may be needed for this.Again none of this should be cause of worry. So at the moment give it time to see if this resolves and if not, just bring this to notice of her doctor. Hope this helps.Regards.
Follow-up: What causes soft spot on my toddler's forehead? 3 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You have not mentioned it was 4 months back. Detailed Answer: Thanks for follow up. I think you forgot to mention in original question that this happened 4 months back. And in this case, I would suggest you to consider possibilities of dermoid . lipoma or sebaceous gland cysts. Doctor can easily confirm this by having look at it.Doctor might want to get xray done to see if there is intracranial extension of the lesion. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
People also viewed
- Chymotrypsin in a delayed liquefaction of semen
- Does smoking weed increase cholesterol
- How soon can you exercise after operation
- How not to crash after workout
- Cigars ejection fraction
- What causes boils on toddlers
- What causes weakness in a toddlers legs
- What causes fever in toddlers
- Indigestion after hcg drops
- What causes constipation in toddlers
- Choroid plexus cyst and rett syndrome
- Delayed period after hsg
- Which chromosome is on elephantiasis
- What causes soft spot on my toddlers forehead
- Hungry all the time but feel sick after i eat