What causes smelly nasal discharge?

ENT Specialist
For the last few months I have had a smelly nasal discharge. Not all the time but it happens if I am bent over for a while & sometimes when lying on my side. I don't feel unwell & never had allergies etc
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may be having a sinus infection! Detailed Answer: Hello From your history it is likely that you have developed a sinus infection, which is causing the smell and the feeling of being unwell. Dont worry, most of these infections are easily treatable and you should meet your ent doctor for the same He will examine you, maybe even do an endoscopy of your nose and some x-rays of the face and then be able to guide you further Meanwhile you can start steam inhalation 3-4 times a day, it will help in drainage of sinuses and provide you relief! Take care Regards