What causes smelly hand when suffering from migraine?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
I get migraine headaches almost every day sometimes very severe migraines when I get those my hands smell very very bad what could cause the smell thank you
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Migraine can be associated with it. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would like to advise that sometimes migraine is associated with aura. In this some sensory changes like increase sensitivity to light, sound or smell can be seen. Migraine headaches can be triggered by following factors :- 1. Less sleep. 2. Physical or mental stress. 3. Excess of coffee, dairy products, chocolates. 4. Smoking and alcohol. I would also advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated by a Neurophysician. Treatment of migraine can be taken for decrease in the intensity and severity of the symptoms. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.