What causes smelly hand and head when suffering from migraine?

I get migrain headaches almost every day Some days when my headaches are really bad my hands smell very very bad What would cause this smell
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Migraine with aura Detailed Answer: Hi Migraine with aura is commonly complained. It can be explained by medical terms called migraine with aura. The smell from the hand is actually because of olfactory hallucination that I see for a lot of my patients in clinic. The smell would generally disappear as the headache is relieved after medicine plus good sleep. It can be treated. I suggest you to go in migraine prophylaxis with Rizatriptan plus riboflavin plus magnesium. You can ask your GP for the same. Post menopausal women commonly complain of this. You should avoid coffee and caffeinated drinks. Hope this throws some light on the nature of problem. This is non worrisome and is easily treatable.