What causes small round white spot in eye after strabismus repair surgery?

on 2/12/14 I had strabismus repair surgery. it feels like something is in my eye. when I look I see a small round white spot which seems a little raised. what can this most likely be
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May or may not be related to surgery ma'am Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I would first like to ask you where this white spot is located? Whether it is in your field or vision or on your eye? If it is on your eye, is it on the white part of your eye or the colored part around the lens? A growth on the white part of the eye is most often diagnosed to be either a pingueculum (non-cancerous, white-yellowish in color, slightly raised, may not cause discomfort but can cause irritation or increased tears) or a pterygium (also non-cancerous but can grow larger and result in irritation). Usually dry climate or exposure to ultraviolet rays results in their appearance. Although either of these conditions may not be of any immediate concern, they can grow larger. For this reason I would advise a visit to an ophthalmologist for an elaborate evaluation and diagnosis. I look forward to hearing from you and helping you further. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. I also hope you found my response helpful and informative. Best wishes.