What causes small itchy bumps around the clitoris?

Mar 2014
Hello, my question is I notice a couple of small bumps around m the side of my clitoris, , that do itch. Whst could this be?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Madhuri N Bagde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Seems that this is a fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using Health care magic. I have seen the photograph. It seems that you are having an infection that could be fungal. Also It is not very clear in the photograph if there are lumps in the labia too? For the infection I suggest that you clean the area two or three times a day with warm water containing a few drops of savlon or similar antiseptic and dry it immediately. Use of nitrofurantoin powder at noon and a cream containing clotrimazole every morning and night helps in faster recovery. Change your undergarments at least twice daily and wash them in hot water. Keep the area as dry as possible. You can also try to keep the area open [not wear undergarments] during night time as this also helps in early recovery. If you are sexually active, try to use condoms as they help prevent spread of infection. All the above measures help in controlling the infection. If the problem persists even after all these measures, you must see a physician and get yourself examined and tested for specific infections like gonorrhoea, chlamydia etc and then further treatment will depend upon the results. I think that you should be fine with the above treatment and recover well. Hope I was able to help you. Thanks for using Health Care Magic. I would be happy to answer any further queries. Have a nice day. Dr. Madhuri Bagde Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist